Tuesday, October 29, 2013

blog entry 6

  .       The archetype I choose was the caregiver, I felt that archetype is closely related to the kind of person I am and it interest me to find out more about the role of a caregiver. The characteristics of a caregiver are someone who is helpful, compassionate, and generous and also they can be co-dependent and tend to forget about their problems to help others. A caregiver is someone who is satisfied by helping others they usually inspire other people. The story I read in about Demeter the goddess of grain, she liked making crops grow, generous women and she was known for that. Her daughter Kore was kidnapped but she was living with her father it was said in the story that Demeter wouldn't let Kore live her own life; and can be controlling. This is another weakness of being a caregiver which is something I can relate to myself because I myself had trouble with letting people in my life learn certain things for themselves oppose me telling what they should do.

An example of a caregiver archetype would be a mom because moms are known to be nurturing and caring sometimes over protective of their child or children; always willing to help their children and guide them. Famous archetype caregivers are people like Princess Diana and mother Theresa they both are woman who made a difference in society in helping people in need. Mother Theresa is known for her work for helping the poor in places like India and Princess Diana also went to Africa to help those who have HIV/AIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment